Sunday, March 07, 2010

Tom's Birthday

Having to work on your birthday should be against the law. Especially if your birthday falls on a Saturday. Oh tax season, oh how I love thee...NOT. Tom worked today so we decided that Sunday would be his day. We did, however, have presents and cake for the birthday boy when he finally got home.

I looked up and saw Tom sitting there...he was very much his father in this moment. Not sure what it is, but I immediately thought of his dad.

I got him a Dutch Oven. I didn't know a person could get so excited over one, but it IS, after all, a favorite item of his girlfriend's. Apparently, no kitchen is complete without a Dutch Oven. Now he can be more like Ree.

Emerson wasn't too into the presents. The girl loves to watch Up. We've seen it about 3 trillion times now. Oh and she loves to have her finger up her nose, and to wear her birthday suit. I had to talk her into the panties for present time. Sheesh!Hannah and her Daddy. Emerson really didn't want anything to do with Daddy tonight.This picture says it all. Hannah is pouting and Emerson is, well, being Emerson. Apparently,we aren't supposed to tell her no to blowing out the candles. Like the tongue making it's way out at me?
So, for Tom's celebration day we went to Snohomish for pie. We ended up eating pizza for lunch and then walking down the street for pie. The Henry's, minus Rob, and my parents joined in on the celebration. We really lucked out on the weather. What a beautiful day to be downtown Snohomish celebrating a wonderful guy.Tom and his pie...well that's not ALL his but he sure would have liked it to be.The kids made themselves at home. Love Madi's face. :)I love these four kids. They all love each other SO much.While the girls and kids walked through a few shops, Tom and my dad watched THE hockey game...US v. Canada. I think other than the pie, that was the highlight of his day.


Happy 34th honey, I love you.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOw fun, I wish I could have been there to help in the celebration of one of my favorite people in the whole world!!!! XOXOXOXO