Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mothers Day

I had a really nice Mother's day on Sunday. We were busy as usual but I don't think I'd know what to do with myself if we weren't. We "slept in" until 8:30. Emerson was so nice to let me sleep in. She's usually up by 7 these days. She's really throwing me for a loop with this early waking thing - Hannah has always been a late sleeper so I've grown used to getting up around 9 sometimes 9:30. 7 o'clock is for the birds! Tom and Hannah went to get me coffee, while Emerson and I enjoyed a little Mario Kart on the Wii. Tom walked in and saw that I was still in jammies and playing the game and he said "I'd have it no other way". I think I've surprised him with how much I'm enjoying the Wii, I've never really been into the whole video game thing. Tom and Hannah made us some french toast to hold us over until brunch at my sisters house. We headed over to Becky's house around 1:30 and had a wonderful time there. She tried a new recipe and boy was it y.u.m.m.y. We're definitely going to need to remember that one for next year. Hannah and Emerson got me a German Shepard Webkinz, a new coffee mug and a Starbucks card. I'm one happy mama! Tom said that Hannah was quite certain about getting me a Webkinz but had a hard time picking which one to get me. She was pretty cute. She told me as I opened it that "she knew I was going to love it" - how could I not?!? After we opened our gifts we had to get scootin to Issaquah for dinner with Judy. Tom was in charge of the camera and the only pictures I got were the ones I remembered to ask for and a few of Spencer taking pictures of Tom. I guess that's what I get for making him in charge of the camera for the day. Lesson learned. =)

I've got lots of laundry, work and possibly a sick little one to give extra love to, to keep me busy until we leave for Ocean Shores for the weekend. Tom's mom is celebrating her 60th and his sister, Kim, is turning 40. It's a par-tay weekend. Watch out Ocean Shores! I'm certain I'll be back next week with pictures of the big bash. Until then, I hope everyone is having a great week. Hugs to you all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jamie~ I am so jealous of your "sleeping in"! Our girls are early risers....I would love to have two little girls who slept until 9 or so...how nice!!

~Heather

Anonymous said...

As usual, I am jealous as well!! The pictures help, but I want hugs and kisses. Thank you for the wonderful cards and expressions of love, they mean so much. I love and miss you all four!!! Nana/Caryl