Saturday, November 01, 2008

Halloween Recap

I'm back with pictures from our fun filled Halloween! We started out our day with coffee and donuts from Haggens. Nothing like starting a sugar filled day with a good balanced breakfast, right? Hannah wanted to wear her costume all day but fearing that she might get it dirty, I pulled out one of her play costumes. Big mistake. She wanted to wear it all day and she decided that it was the costume that she wanted to wear trick or treating. Second mistake, taking her to Target to get eyeliner to decorate her face with. It was there that she decided that she didn't want to be a cheerleader anymore, she wanted to be her friend Fancy Nancy. We had a few tears in Target but nothing that a new tube of lip gloss couldn't cure. =) We came home and we had to practice writing on her face to make sure the eyeliner would work. It worked just fine and Hannah then decided that she would surprise me by writing on her face. She needed to add her own Hannah flair to it. I about fell out of my chair when I looked up and saw this face looking at me.

She was SO proud of herself. I couldn't stop laughing. Then she wanted to try it out on me...I assumed she was giving me a beard, but it turns out that she wrote her name on my chin. =) We left it on until nap time and got a good laugh every time we passed a mirror. That girl cracks me up. While the girls took naps I finished up some laundry and made Hannah's pom-poms. After naps we had a bit of a scare. I headed up to get socks for Emerson, well, Hannah decided that her and Emerson would hide from me in the bathroom, with the door locked. I came downstairs to Emerson crying and Hannah yelling at me that she couldn't open the door. I couldn't find the key that is usually above the bathroom door so as I was scrambling around the house looking for it I heard Hannah trying to calm Emerson down. She was singing through her own tears. It was the sweetest, most sad thing I've ever heard; Hannah's quivering voice singing "I'm bringing home a baby bumble bee". Broke my heart and made me smile at the same time. I found the key and as soon as I opened the door they both stopped crying and practically jumped into my arms. I took Hannah back into the bathroom and made her lock the door again so I could show her how to unlock it. She had been turning the button the wrong direction, poor girl. I don't think she'll be locking any bathroom doors anytime soon.
We made it to my sisters house just before dark and as soon as Tom got there we headed out with the kids. This was the first year that Susan didn't have any kids there. It was a little sad. The forecast was for rain but there wasn't a cloud in the sky. It was actually pretty comfortable outside. One of the more mild Halloweens we've had in a while. It was really nice. Emerson stayed in and helped Aunt Becca hand out candy. She wasn't too sure about some of the costumes. I think that a few of them scared her a little bit, but for the most part she did really well. I have to say that I think that Emerson and Hannah were two of the cutest cheerleaders I've ever seen. =)

Much to the dismay of my family - our girls said GO Cougs!Can you see the attitude in Hannah? =)Madison & HannahMadi, Hannah & Pirate Jake - ARRGGHHEmmie & Papa listening in on other conversations. GO Team!Her latest thing is to "talk" on the phone. Would you look at those legs! SO squeezable!
Have a great week!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Jamie~I LOVE Emerson's Cougar outfit!! Too cute :) It sounds like you had a fun Halloween!