Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Quick trip

We made a really quick trip to the ocean this last weekend. We woke up on Saturday and Tom said lets go to the beach. I laughed as I looked at the piles and piles of laundry just lying there. We did one quick load of any clothes that we would need and were out of the house by 11. Not too shabby if you ask me. We had a somewhat uneventful trip down at least where the girls are involved - they both did really well. As for Tom and I, not so much. As we were driving by McChord AFB, Tom and Hannah started playing the alphabet game. Tom found the A - Apartment he shouted and pointed. I looked up (to make sure he really did see an A) only to see the car in front of us stopped. Yes, stopped, as in NOT MOVING...on the freeway! Tom swerved into the right hand lane, and the car tried to move towards the left. I can only imagine what they were thinking - looking through their rear view mirror seeing us barreling towards them at 75. How we missed them I'll never know. I told Tom that he was banned from playing the alphabet game while driving!
We got to the Ocean at 2. We figure without traffic, we are exactly 3 hours from our door to Kevin & Judy door. Not too bad. On the way in we passed this guy. According to Tom - "he's the huge-est deer". It made me laugh all weekend long.
We took a quick walk down to the beach as soon as we got there and did a really good job of avoiding the rain. It didn't start raining until we were back in the warm house. I am always amazed at the beauty and power of the ocean. It was such a beautiful sight.
It's COLD out here guys!Jumping from Aunt Kim & Uncle Paul's bed to the air mattress is GREAT fun.The ocean air has a wonderful affect on Hannah's hair. It turns to ringlets as soon as we get out of the car. =)
Emmie even got in on the fun.
We're headed back over the mountains again this weekend. Tom's nephew, Kolten, is playing in the Idaho state playoffs for high school football. Tom is SO proud of him and we'd like to see him play at least once before he graduates and moves to Arizona. =( We're also thinking that this might be our last trip over until after tax season, unless the weather allows us to go over the first part of January. We'll be squeezing lots of Nana time in for the girls in a short amount of time. =) I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Cute pics. Love the ringlets! And last trip before tax season + nana time makes me a tad sad ... Hope it's a good weekend for you guys.

Unknown said...

You are such a good sport about picking up and going on a Saturday...it is hard to resist those piles of laundry sometimes! Glad to hear that you were all safe in the car! Have a fun and safe trip over the mountains!