Sunday, April 13, 2008

Dr Mike

Hannah had her first visit to the dentist on Thursday. We've been talking about going to see Dr. Mike since we made the appointment back in January. We talked about how Dr Mike is a grandpa, kind of like her Papa's, we talked about how one of the nice ladies that works there would clean her teeth using a spin toothbrush and then how Dr Mike would come in and check out her teeth. Hannah does pretty good as long as she knows what's coming and what is expected of her. So, I was a little surprised on Thursday morning when she woke up and told me that she didn't want to go to the dentist. A little more surprised when she wouldn't get out of the car and even more surprised when she wouldn't even come inside the building. It made me laugh - where on earth did she get the idea of being afraid of the dentist! She had been SO excited to go and to meet Dr Mike. I think the only reason she went back with the hygienist was in part because of the little boy that was coming out as we were waiting. He had a sucker AND a piece of gum. I told Hannah that she could have a piece of gum or a sucker if she did good for Dr Mike. We talked to the little boy and he told Hannah that it wasn't scary and he even got $3. Her eyes lit up and she pretty much skipped back with the hygienist. She did so good, following all of the instructions she was given - did the fluoride treatment without complaining. I was so proud of her. Dr Mike came in and she was all smiles. He told her she had beautiful curls, beautiful teeth, nice spacing and NO cavities. I was a bit shocked - but oh so proud. I had my appointment after Hannah's and Cathy (Dr Mikes wife) was so nice she let Hannah help her with the x-ray films. She's quite the helper and Cathy got a kick out of it. They took my films back to be developed and Hannah stayed there waiting for them to come out and then promptly brought them to Cathy. I had Cathy on one side cleaning my teeth and Hannah on the other observing every move that Cathy made. It was pretty funny. Cathy commented as Hannah was fluttering in between the different stations that she was certainly having a good time at the dentist! She walked out of there with a piece of gum and a sucker. We were in the car heading back to my moms when she commented on how she didn't get and money. I had to tell her that the little boy had to have extra work done and Dr Mike gave him the money for sitting still. =)
Pictures are from my phone so the quality isn't that great.


And...I couldn't have a post without including a picture of our wee one. =)

She loves her fingers!

She is SO close to rolling over. I'm secretly happy that she hasn't yet - once that happens things get a bit more challenging around here. =)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jamie!
Thank you so much for the birth announcement for Emerson! She is beautiful! I have spent most of the day checking out your blog! Your family is gorgeous! I love all the pictures of Hannah but the one I love the most is of her playing store with all of her high heels! We do this on a regular basis at our house as well!
Heather