Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Spring Break

I've been told that in the month of March I haven't even posted. It's like March didn't even happen for us. :) I DO have to say that I've been pretty darn good about posting my picture of the day. That has to count for something, right?
We are in Idaho enjoying our spring break. I made the venture over by myself. Yes, I drove over by myself. With my two girls and a friends son. It was a rather uneventful trip, having Issac with me sure did help. When Emerson would start to lose it, he'd just turn around and look at her and she'd smile at him. That worked for a little bit and then she was done with the car. Too bad for me the DVD player wasn't working and that we were only in Moses Lake. I stopped at the rest stop and got her some milk and then she seemed to be a little bit happier. I don't think that she actually fell asleep until Ritzville which was a lot farther than what I was hoping.
It appears that we brought the bad weather with us. Monday we saw wind, rain, hail, and sun. We all thought it was funny when the power went out while the sun was shining. The power stayed out for almost 5 hours. After we all got up from our power outage induced nap we headed out. Caryl showed us where Kendra lived and then we went out to dinner. After dinner Caryl showed us the sights of Coeur d'Alene, where she grew up and where her kids grew up. I love taking those types of drives and taking a "peek" into someones past.
The girls HAD to go out and experience the wind and the rain. It was something else!So that was as far as I got LAST Monday. Apparently my grand idea of catching up on my blog while on spring break didn't work so well for me. On with the show...I mean pictures.
It seems that Emerson was still up to her old "tricks" while we were away. Once again, she was a little too quiet, so I turned around to find her with my 16 hour lipstick...all over her face and hands. Thank goodness for Lancome's eye make up remover. Actually, thank goodness for Nana for letting us use it. That stuff took it off so effortlessly. I was certain she would look like a clown for the remainder of the week. :)
Kenny, Robin and the boys came over for dinner. We had some seriously fantastic chicken that Caryl created and PW's potatoes au gratin. The girls had SO much fun playing with little Kenny and Brady. Emerson took Kenny's hat and plopped it on her head and proclaimed that it was "her hat". I love how sweet those boys are with my little girls! My kids have wonderful cousins all the way around. They are so very lucky!

We finally got around to meeting baby Alex. All I can say is...oh my word he is one super sweet baby! I'll admit that I had a hard time letting anyone else hold him, but in my defense I don't get to see him nearly as often. I had to get a couple of months worth of lovin' into one day. Hannah was so sweet with him.

Look at her look at him!
Hello bright eyes!What's that? You need another kiss from Auntie Jay?? Why of course, my sweet nephew!
Emerson got in on the kissing. Other than this one moment, she was a-OK with not being too close to him.
After spending the afternoon with the rest of the family, we headed out to the Pohl house for the night. Hunter had his last wrestling practice so we went along to see him in action. Jen has talked about how warm it is in the gym but holy moley it was toasty. The girls made themselves at home to watch the festivities.
The next day we spent the morning hanging out with Jen and the kids. Hannah and Hunter built a fort, which was more like a wall, but whatever. :) Emerson was fascinated with "Bob" aka Daisy trying to get her treat out of the kong. She laid there watching, trying to figure it all out. We headed on base to go hang out at the Fun Spot. It's a mosh of activities under one roof. I didn't get any pictures there although I could have sworn I did. The kids played in the big tree house while Jen and I chatted. We had lunch there and then we had to head out. We went to Tom's Aunt Mary Kay's house to pick up Jakob, who was spending the night with us. There was a little family reunion going on, so we had to get a picture of all the kids (minus Oliver, who lives in Alaska) with Mary Kay.
L to R...Olivia & Laila, they belong to Tom's cousin Stashia and her husband Josh. Hannah & Emerson, Mary Kay. Baby Jackson who belongs to Tom's cousin Joel and his wife Pamalee, and then Jakob and Alex.

And just like that our week was over. There was lots that we meant to do but just didn't get around to getting it done. We didn't get to the library downtown, Caryl and I didn't play one game of 3-13 and we didn't get a chance to go see the fish up at Auntie Jackie's. I guess there is always next time, right? Maybe I'll even get a few more pictures....

0 comments: