Monday, April 19, 2010

Tulips

On Thursday JJ and I took the kids up to Mount Vernon to visit the tulip fields. Hannah and Jacob missed a day of school, but we called it an outdoor science lesson...JJ taught them about hybrid flowers. She's smart like that. We got up there pretty early which was good, we beat the crowds. There is nothing like seeing the rows and rows of beautiful flowers. It's really hard to not smile or be happy when you are surrounded by all that color.
These two crack me up. They were always willing to smile for the camera.Whereas these two, not so much.
These yellow and red tulips were amazing.I had grand ideas of getting pictures of the girls with the flowers, but, that didn't happen. I was able to get a picture of Emerson in the flowers. Hannah wouldn't go down the path...there were bugs in the flowers. *Sigh*
Love these.I'm not sure what these were, but they were beautiful. We couldn't decide if they were tulips or peonies or a hybrid. :)
Again...too cute!I laughed when I saw this. The girls' hair just blended right in. My little angels. :)

I guess if you're going to skip school this is the way to do it.

0 comments: