Fathers Day
Father's day was a total blur. We were so busy preparing for our upcoming trip that I'm afraid that it wasn't much of a day for Tom. He told me earlier on in the week that the only thing that mattered to him was being in Ocean Shores at bed time, the rest was all good no matter what we did. I laughed as I typed that because as Tom and I sat at the table eating breakfast on Sunday morning, he told me that "it wouldn't be be horrible if we didn't leave for the ocean until Monday morning" and then he proceeded to sit on the couch. A little later that morning when I assumed (based on his non-packing actions) that we were leaving Monday, he came upstairs and said, "are you done packing". We clearly had our signals mixed. So I rushed around the house, cleaning and packing and getting stuff ready for the Father's day BBQ at my parents house, then I met up with my sister at Costco for a quick shopping trip for our vacation. So when I say it was a blur, it really was a busy, blurry day for me. :) But, it's not about me is it. :) Tom had to work a little bit, so while I was at Costco with Becky, Tom went to the office to finish up a few things. I was glad he went in so that he would be able to completely be on vacation while we were gone. By 2, we were all back to moms and ready to grill. I tried to get a picture of Tom with the girls, but this was as good as it got. Emerson was way too distracted by her cousins..JPG)
.JPG)
Dad took on the task of grilling. He does it well. :)
Dad and his girls.
David and the sun that apparently eats Oreos like Hannah.
This is what happens when your uncle holds you down, while your bigger cousin smears a marshmallow in your face. She was NOT happy. But of course I had to take a picture. :)
And this is the face that I couldn't stop looking at today. She just looked extra cute today. Hence the remaining pictures. :)
And this is what happens when Papa Larry is around....JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
And picking flowers for Papa...seriously I can't get enough of her cuteness.
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
Sorry I got a bit off track there. Despite our little communication mix up I think Tom had a good Father's day...we did after all, make it to Ocean Shores for bed at 11:30. Happy Father's day to an amazing father, husband and friend. I love you, sweetie.





1 comments:
WE WANT MORE!!!! I can't stop reading about your blog. It's like the thing I look forward to.~Madi
Post a Comment