Paint...finally
We've talked about painting our living room for quite a while now, but on Saturday Tom woke up and was ready to paint. Had I known that Saturday was the day, I would have done a little cleaning up and started prepping the room on Friday night...it was an all day project. Thankfully, unlike the rest of the country, we had pretty crummy weather for Memorial Day weekend. It actually worked out to be a perfect painting day. We thought we had our color picked out but the more we looked at it the more we didn't like it. My friend JJ has this wonderful container full of paint colors that her husband brought over for us to look through. I think she might have every single color available at Lowe's and Home Depot. It makes me laugh, but I'm glad she's collected them. It definitely made our trip to Home Depot a lot quicker which was good for everyone involved. We found a new color but once we got there we ended up going with something different. It's a lot darker than we imagined it would be. (I'm not very good with colors.) We like it now and are happy with it, but the first wall scared me to death. :)
Tom was quite the painter. He knocked over the paint which leaked through the drop cloth...twice. Painted part of the ceiling in the hallway that we weren't going to paint, stepped on the clock and shattered it. I finally had to tell him to just stop and chill out. He was cracking me up with all of his little mishaps. It was quite the adventure! Hannah helped us paint while Emerson was taking her nap. She's quite the painter. Once Emerson woke up she was in charge of keeping her out of the way. I felt bad...they watched a lot of TV that afternoon.
All she wanted to do was touch the walls. We had just caught her seeing if it was dry. :)
It's hard to really capture the color, but you get the idea.
Tom's next project, you know, when we win the lottery, is to replace the trim. We want white trim instead of the cheap ugly stuff that they put in when it was built. Hopefully that home project will have fewer mishaps...that's doubtful. :)





0 comments:
Post a Comment