Monday, June 28, 2010

Last day of school

Everyone told me that the first day of Kindergarten was hard on the mommy, but no one prepared me for the last day of school! The last day of Kindergarten was by far the hardest for me. I was not prepared for my little girl to be done with her first year of school and I am really, really, REALLY not ready for her to be in the first grade and to go to school ALL day. It was an emotional day for all of us but probably more for me and the other mommies that have been meeting every weekday at drop off. We were all a little misty eyed.

Hannah had a play date before school with her friend Abigail, which was probably a good distraction for Hannah and I.

Kira, Mimi's mom, had the great idea to make Mr. Kusler a quilt with all the kids names on it. She worked with Mrs. Lincoln (the class para educator) who was able to have the kids write their names on the petals when they went out to work with her. It was a big secret and the kids loved keeping a secret from Mr. Kusler. :)A close up of the quilt. Above the picture of Mr. Kusler it says "thank you for helping our children blossom".This is where we dropped the kids off and these are the moms that I'm going to miss.

One last Kindergarten group picture.This is Scout. Scout is a 5th grader who would walk the Kindergarten bussers to their buses and make sure they got on the right bus. For some reason Hannah just gravitated to Scout. Whenever we would see her, whether it be at school or at the grocery store, Hannah would run up to her and give her a great big hug. I love that Scout loved her back. :)The last day of PM Kindergarten just happened to be field day for the rest of the school. This is what happens when you get to go to field day but don't get to participate in field day. Poor Emmie.There were bubbles, bouncy houses, water fights, cotton candy and lots of excited kids.This is Mrs. Lincoln. She was Mr. Kuslers para and Hannah LOVED her and LOVED going out to work with her. I could always tell when Hannah got to work with Mrs. Lincoln she would always have a great big smile on her face at pick up. As the yearbook says, Para's are the glue that holds the school together, and I believe that wholeheartedly.Hannah and Mr. Kusler..."the best teacher in the world". I am going to do my darndest to have Emerson in his class when it's her turn. He is AMAZING.Tom and I are so proud of Hannah and all she has accomplished this year. She really did have a fantastic first year!

0 comments: