Father's Day
As I sit here and type about Father's day, I'm beginning to wish Mother's day was a bit more like Father's Day. Talk about a relaxed day. The girls and I went on a morning coffee run...to south Everett...for a granita...Tom's favorite, while he was at home cooking his world famous "Tom Walker sandwiches". Hannah requested them and well, I can't make them like him, so he was forced (ha ha) to make them for us girls. Yum-O. We lounged around the house for most of the morning/afternoon played a little non-competitive Wii bowling, napped and then went to Susan's house for dinner and s'mores. It really was my kind of day but more importantly it was Tom's kind of day! The boys played lawn darts while we girls were working hard on eating all of the chips and Rotel...
Someone (Aunt Susie) gave Emerson a full can of soda and then someone (Aunt Susie) denied the whole thing once Emmie spilled it down the front of her.
Tom wanted to try something new with his s'mores...peanut butter cups. I didn't care for them but I think everyone else thought it was genius.
Apparently, Madison likes her marshmallows burnt to a crisp.
Yes, thanks to a certain someone, Emerson went through 3 shirts and two pairs of Brittany's socks (the mom forgot to pack pants in the diaper bag).
Awww...look at that...branded wood.
Hannah really wanted to write "Happy Farters Day" but I wouldn't let her, but that didn't stop her from saying it all. day. long!
Hannah helped me wrap presents. This is when she told her dad that "maybe it's picture frames, I don't know".
Would you look at that...picture frames.
Emerson really wanted to be a part of the Henry family picture, not the Walker family picture.
I really hope Tom enjoyed his day. I love him so much and I am SO thankful for all of his hard work and love for our girls. I love you sweetie.





1 comments:
it is nice you had such a good time and to hear how much yu love and appreciate my baby since I know how truly wonderful he is!!! XOXOXOXOXXOO C/N
Post a Comment